Since you don't know me, I thought I'd start with a brief history.
Just a Small Town Girl . . . oh wait, never mind . . .
I started blogging about fourteen years ago, before blogging was cool. I began as MamaMarathoner. If you do some searching you can read an article or two that I wrote, like this one about yoga, or this post about a challenge I created quite a few years ago to help people feel better about themselves.
I spent years penning articles under that name, created multiple social media accounts, did some social media promotions with companies like Schwinn and New Balance, and had a grand old time. I worked hard and played hard and it all went well.
Then I got older, and my scope changed.
I started a new blog, but kept that blog, My Sole Filled Journey, for just a few years. Still having fun, still doing work with some companies that promote running and fitness, but it was more focused on the journey than on the fact that I had to squeeze in workouts with two children.
Because those two children, well, they are now 11 and 14.
Three years ago I returned to work full time, and this past year, in January, obtained my dream job: Media and Tech specialist for an elementary school in Tampa, Florida.
Go Eagles!
I LOVE what I do! It's crazy, hectic, busy and can be incredibly taxing, but I love waking up each day and going into a job that excites me so much.
This blog will follow my journey as I incorporate technology, the love of reading, maker space areas and more into my field.
So, now that the brief history is over, a little bit more about myself! I have two girls, which I already stated; a dog that is crazy and awesome and lovable; I am crazy about reading and writing and will one day pen that ultimate novel; and I love all things technology and digital based.
My goal: Coordinate learning and technology in both my media center and in the school this year.
Additionally, I still run. A lot! I love it, and I love talking about it, too. So you may hear me talk about running sometimes. If it bothers you, just skip that post - I promise I won't be offended!
You can find me on Twitter @MurdockKat. You can find me also in the gym, on the road, with my kids, at the beach, in the mountains, and wandering aimlessly around the world as time permits.
No comments:
Post a Comment